Monday, January 23, 2012

SwoonD

After having an uber girly discussion with @runningnheels09 on twitter, I realized something.  I find myself 'attracted' to a certain type of player. Defensemen. This is not correlated to my favourite players, or who I think is a good scorer, playmaker, etc...


There are certain defensemen who are more swoon-worthy than others.  Some do not deserve to be swooned at, and some make me fall off my chair swooning away.  I'm not quite sure what it is, but its something.  I find myself in awe of blocked shots and solid checks behind the net.  Maybe it's Stuart's almost-ever-present battle wounds, or the gosh-awful black eye that Bickel sustained? Or #JML's curly locks of blonde?  I don't really know, but I'm also not one to argue with my brain.


Here is a look at some defensemen that would make my SwoonD: 12 Months of  Swoon-worthy Defensemen calendar. You know, if I was making a year long calendar of swoon-worthy defensemen. Cause that would just be pure awesome.


Pure. Awesome.


Ladies, hold onto your ovaries....



Let's take a look at Mr January, Stu Bickel (NYR)






Mr February, Mark Stuart (WPG)






Mr March, Derek Morris (PHX)






Mr April, Michael Sauer (NYR)




Mr May, Dan Girardi (NYR)




Mr June, Jeff Woywitka (NYR)




Mr July, Mark Streit (NYI)




Mr August, Mike Komisarek (TOR)






Mr September, Shea Weber (NSH)






Mr October, Nicklas Lidstrom (DET)




Mr November, #JML John-Michael Liles






Mr December, Mark Flood (WPG)


Mark Flood (r)





No comments:

Post a Comment