Friday, October 7, 2011

The Season Begins!

ahhhh.... the long awaited season opener.  In Stockholm.  Yes, Stockholm.

I can see all of the play-by-play announcers sitting in their seats practicing saying "Woywitka to Wolski.... Woywitka to Wolski".  Be honest, you've practiced saying it too.


A big question around this season is 'Will Richards Spark Gaborik?'


I know there is a lot of pressure on Richards' shoulders, many fans have high expectations of him, hoping that he alone will win the Cup.  Is that a logical expectation?

No.

I think his role with the Rangers will be one to motivate, one to lead, one to mentor the young guys, one to inspire.  I think he could potentially be the missing link in Gaborik's scoring and performance.  Look what he did in Dallas with Eriksson, helping the guy to a 70pt season.  I'm convinced that Richards either has eyes in the back of his head, or has GPS devices attached to everyone and knows where they all at all times. Most of his passes are spot-on and he's got a good read of the ice and the situations.

He'll prove to be a big asset to the Rangers this year.  But it won't be Brad Richards on the march to the Cup.  It will be the NY Rangers.



Marc Staal Out For The Opener


With Staal out for the opener, and probably for an 'undetermined' amount of time, what does that do for the Rangers defense?

Woywitka.

Say it with me now.... WHO?

Jeff Woywitka.  I'll admit, I like saying it.  It's almost as fun as saying Wojtek Wolski. Almost.  But I digress...

I've not seen Woywitka play, but based on his stats, he could potentially add a little, I said a little, depth to the defense.

Erixon, while on the younger side, has been playing well during the preseason, earning his spot in the big leagues.


Look for MDZ, Girardi, Sauer and McDonagh to step up their games.


And, Finally, Who Will Score First?

My bet is on Gaborik. With Richards assisting.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment