Friday, October 28, 2011

Stunningly Disappointed.

That sums up the Rangers first home game of this season.


All of the hoopla at MSG pre game lead to an anti-climactic game.  While the Rangers dominated (and I use that term loosely) the first period, they lacked energy in the second and third. Again, unable to put together a solid 60 minutes of play.  I could go on and on about their game, but it's tiring to keep saying the same thing over and over again. So, to save me some carpal tunnel, go and read twitter, my previous blogs or any blogs pertaining to the Rangers as of lately.



Putting the game aside, what was an even bigger faux pau was the lack of tribute towards Derek Boogaard and the players of Lokomotiv.  I have CenterIce, which is notorious for not joining the game until the puck drops.  I figured that I had missed it in all of the pre-game hoopla that started early (people were lining up at the Blue Carpet at 3:30pm). Nope.  Then I figured it was during the player introductions.  I had gotten home just as Brad Richards was being introduced to the ice (impeccable timing I have, but I digress). Nope, wrong again.  I checked Twitter a little bit into the first period, cause Twitter is the most reliable source. I saw only a few say that there was a tribute done. During a TV timeout.  On the scoreboard.  When most people were out attempting to find a bathroom to relieve themselves of the overpriced beer, or to purchase an obnoxiously expensive, or trying to find their way back to their seats.

Really Rangers?  Vancouver had an amazing tribute to Rypien.  The video was available almost immediately after the ceremony.  The Rangers? Nope. I can't find anyone that was fortunate enough to witness it, and they've not put it online as of lately.  Somehow I find this slightly worse than the game itself last night.  It truly is a damn shame that no tribute was done that could be viewed uninterrupted, no moments of silence were done in remembrance, and that what was done for Boogaard has not been made available for us to view.

This deeply saddens me as a Rangers fan.  We've always touted ourselves as being more 'classy' fans.  I can show you my twitter timeline pre-game of people that anticipated a tribute to Boogaard  that would rival Rypien's.  But alas, we were let down.

Hey, at least Where's Waldo was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment