Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Twit of the Week

This is a better honour than it sounds, really.

I think I may make this a weekly thing. Only if I find a gem. Which, on twitter, isn’t too hard.

This week’s “Twit of the Week” is quite funny, if you take it in context.

Let me preface this by saying that I follow this person with sheer respect of him as a player. Even if his dad played for the Islanders.  I’ve followed his career (in a non-creeper/non-stalker type way, I swear!) along with fellow Long Islanders Mike Komisarek and Chris Higgins.  But being on Twitter now, has given me a whole new respect for the man.

He’s one of the few players that take the time to respond to almost every tweet directed towards him, negative or positive.  When the incident against Fedun happened, there was a flurry of well wishes, concern and utter hate directed towards him.  All were handled with the utmost respect for Fedun, the NHL, and himself.  He truly is a class act.

Besides that, he has a love for Long Island bagels. How could I not like the man?

But this twit made me laugh.

Eric Nystrom
To clarify, i love being a piece of meat. I have the best job in the world, but moneyball gives a great inside peek!!
(the above is thanks to blogger for not having the blackbird pie widget, and I'm not savvy enough to figure out a better way of quoting a twit...)

People took it waaaaaaaaaay out of context. Way out of context. So much so that it was actually quite captivating to sit and read.  I didn’t get much studying done that night.

So, there you have it. My ‘Twit of the Week’, Eric “Piece o’Meat” Nystrom.

Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment